Call Shannon: 425-478-6524
Shannon Sessions - Lynnwood City Council
Preparing For An Even Better Lynnwood ~ Shannon Sessions Files For Another 4-Year Term on the Lynnwood City Council
More than ever Lynnwood needs council members who have strong leadership skills and high integrity. Lynnwood needs leaders who are truly invested in the wellbeing of our fast growing, robust and vibrant community. Councilwoman Shannon Sessions has a proven record for being a discerning leader. Her intelligent and decisive approach to problem solving make her a dedicated and determined councilmember.
During her time on the Council, Sessions has demonstrated a “hands on” approach to leadership, including being appointed by her peers as the Council’s Vice President in 2018. She has been integral in expanding ways for residents to be heard through neighborhood meetings such as “Conversations with the Council,” intentional interactions with our youth and elders and making Lynnwood a Veteran-Friendly City. Councilwoman Sessions has developed deep ties in our region and unique professional experiences: Air Force Veteran, firefighter, local newspaper editor, Lynnwood Police Public Information Officer and small business owner. She currently is the Executive Director of Support 7, a SW Snohomish County non-profit organization that serves victims of trauma.
“It’s been an honor to serve our Lynnwood community in my capacity as Lynnwood Councilwoman for the past four years. The work is challenging, vital and meaningful. I take my commitment to my elected responsibility very seriously. Lynnwood is a rapidly growing community and we have so many dynamic issues and opportunities in front of us. I am grateful for the outpouring of support and encouragement to continue my position on the Lynnwood City Council,” said Councilwoman Sessions. She added, “In both my public and professional lives, I have proven to be a positive, innovative leader who understands the importance of cooperation and teamwork to achieve goals for our city.”
In addition to being appointed by her peers as the Council’s Vice President in 2018, Sessions also serves as Chair to the Lynnwood Tourism Advisory Board, three years on the city’s Audit & Insurance/Finance Committee, as well as being a part of the city’s Historical Commission, city’s Disability board, liaison to the Council for the Lynnwood Police Citizens Patrol volunteers and alternate to the Snohomish County 911 board. As the military Veteran on the Council, she continues to meet with our regional Veteran experts as a member of the Mayor’s Veteran Round Table and Hero’s Café committee.
Six Ways Councilwoman Shannon Sessions Continues to be Fully Prepared to Serve the Lynnwood Community:
1. Actively Engaged in and Passionately Committed to the Community
- Shannon and her husband Keith Sessions, a Captain with South Snohomish County Regional Fire Authority, have been 26 years and have owned three homes in Lynnwood. They are both longtime Lynnwood residents who are raising their family, working, volunteering, and active in their church all within the city limits of Lynnwood.
- Their five children are or have attended public schools in the Edmonds School District. Shannon graduated from
- 17 years active member of the Rotary Club of Lynnwood.
- Countless years of volunteering: Edmonds School District, church, and other regional organizations.
- Served her country as a firefighter in the United States Air Force, active duty.
- Both Shannon and Keith stationed at Aviano Airbase in Italy, served during Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm.
- They are lifetime members of the Lynnwood Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post 1040.
3. Public Safety Specialist
- Lynnwood Police Department Public Information Officer (PIO), Crime Prevention Specialist and VIPS volunteer
4. Professional Communicator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications/Journalism from the University of Washington.
- Editor and Staff Writer for the Enterprise Newspapers for more than eight years, covering a variety of issues regarding local and regional government along with public safety for South Snohomish County and North King Counties.
5. Small Business Owner
- Owner of Safety Sessions, a Lynnwood-based safety consulting and training firm.
6. Executive Director of Non-Profit
- Leads a team of skilled volunteers who respond alongside first responders serving victims and survivors of trauma at the
PREPARING FOR AN EVEN BETTER LYNNWOOD
Re-Elect Shannon Sessions for City Council!
About Re-Electing Shannon Sessions
Paid for by the Committee to Re-elect Shannon Sessions | All Rights Reserved | Copyright 2019
If you live within the city limits of Lynnwood and wish to support my campaign with my sign in your yard, contact me with your address and
we will deliver one.